Antivirus: Mac (Off Campus)
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12
Before you install Symantec AntiVirus
It is important to make sure you've uninstalled other antivirus software such as free trials or older versions of Symantec, Norton, McAfee, PCCillin, etc. BEFORE installing Symantec AntiVirus from the university. In Applications, go to your existing antivirus software folder and use the Uninstaller to remove the software. If there is no Uninstaller, delete your antivirus software and its related folders.
Updated to version 12.1.2 on December 18, 2012
Download Norton Antivirus 12.1.2 for Mac OS X (now compatible with OS X Mountain Lion).
- During the installation process, you will be asked to choose Unmanaged or Managed. For off-campus installation, choose Unmanaged.
- Mountain Lion users may be required to change security settings to resolve issues running the installer. Go to System Preferences and click Security & Privacy. Change the setting "Allow applications downloaded from" to Anywhere. (Note: After completing the installation, change this setting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers.")
- During installation, some users may be prompted to install Java SE 6 Runtime. After completing the Java installation, restart the Norton Antivirus installer to complete the installation.
- I am a student, faculty, or staff member of the University of Arkansas Fayetteville campus.
- I will not redistribute or publish this software in any fashion.
- I agree that upon termination of my status as a student, faculty, or staff member of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville campus, I will uninstall all licensed copies of this software that I have installed on my personal computer(s). I understand this software is licensed by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville for use on university-owned personal computers and that faculty, staff, and students may install one copy on their personal computer during their affiliation with the university.
When installing SEPS on a production server, the recommendation is to use the Custom option and remove Network Threat Protection (firewall), limiting the number of open inbound ports by default.