You are here: Home → Blackboard LearnBlackboard Learn Help Desk (Faculty Technology Center)
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday from 6 to 11 p.m.
Blackboard Learn at learn.uark.edu is the University of Arkansas learning management system. Students and faculty can participate in classes delivered online or access online materials and activities to complement face-to-face classroom experiences using Blackboard Learn.
If you experience a problem with Blackboard Learn, check your computer and connection using the Support Checklist, and confirm that Blackboard Learn is currently available at the Blackboard Dashboard.
Call 479-575-2904 to alert technical staff if Blackboard Learn is not responding after hours. Limited technical support and troubleshooting is also available after hours.
Request a Blackboard Learn Course
Faculty can request a course be added to Blackboard using the Blackboard Learn Course Request form.
Request a Blackboard Student View Account
Faculty who require the option to view a Blackboard Learn course as a student may request a Blackboard student view sponsored account using the Account Request form. Complete the form and enter "blackboard" in the Cost Center field. A sponsored account will be created to provide the ability to log into Blackboard Learn as a student.
Blackboard Learn Features
An entire online course can be created in Blackboard Learn or materials can be published to supplement existing face-to-face courses. Minimal technical expertise is required to use the system.
- Email, discussion boards, and chat communication tools
- Grade book and assessment tools
- Assignment submission and plagiarism detection
- Tools for incorporating and linking content, exchanging files, and managing a calendar
- Built-in visual themes using individual page layouts and color schemes
- Wikis, blogs, and journals
Third-party software supported within Blackboard Learn includes:
- Respondus online test creation and secure testing environment
- Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing, including a common whiteboard, chat, voice-over-IP, and simultaneous webcams
- SafeAssign plagiarism prevention service
- Echo360 personal recording and lecture capture, making class sessions available to students on demand through Blackboard Learn
Blackboard Mobile LearnBlackboard Mobile Learn is an app providing faculty and students access to Blackboard Learn using an iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry. Downloads and more information are available by logging in at learn.uark.edu and clicking Mobile at the top.
The Faculty Technology Center staff supports and provides training for faculty to digitize, update, or create course content in formats suitable for integration into Blackboard Learn.
Blackboard Learn support documentation is available at Blackboard Learn for Faculty and Blackboard Learn for Students. Online help is available through the Request Blackboard Help form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Blackboard Learn Help Desk provides phone support at 479-575-6804. Blackboard Learn Help Desk Hours