About Student Email
UARK Gmail at email.uark.edu is your official student mailbox.
If you are new to the University of Arkansas, see Get Started.
Some things you should know about your UARK Gmail mailbox:
- Your UARK Gmail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Official university communication is sent to this address.
- You can access UARK Gmail in a web browser at email.uark.edu or with an email app for Windows, Mac or mobile devices.
- UARK Gmail gives you access to Google Calendar, Drive and Hangouts. Learn more about accessibility when using Google Apps.
- Google Drive and UARK Gmail share an unlimited quota, and the file size limit for email attachments is 20MB.
Bookmarking UARK Gmail
UARK Gmail uses UARK Central Login, a service that provides access to other university applications through a single sign-on process. To create a bookmark to UARK Gmail (rather than UARK Central Login), you must edit your bookmark by going to Organize Bookmarks or Favorites in your browser and changing the Address/URL to http://email.uark.edu. If you're checking email from a public computer, make sure you log out by closing or quitting the web browser.
Personal Email for Graduating Students
UARK Gmail mailbox access is contingent on your status as a student. IT Services recommends that you establish a non-UARK email account prior to leaving the university to avoid interruption to your email access. For more information, see Leaving the University.
The Fine Print
- UARK Gmail does not have a built-in directory of UARK email addresses. You can search for university email addresses using the Campus Directory in your web browser.
- Some older email apps like Outlook 2010 might require you to use a special IMAP password that is separate from your primary UARK account password. Learn more about IMAP passwords for UARK Gmail.
- UARK Gmail is not available to children under 13 years old.