Exchange Setup for Mobile Devices
Set up your Exchange Online email and calendar on Android, iPhone, iPad or Windows Phone. To set up other devices or apps, use the generic email settings.
Set up your Exchange Online mailbox in iOS for iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Settings icon and select Mail, then Contacts, then Calendars.
- Under the Accounts section, select Add Account.
- Select the Exchange option.
- In the Email field, enter "email@example.com," where the username is your UARK username.
- Enter your UARK password.
- In the Description field, enter "UA Exchange."
- Tap Next in the upper right corner. The device will attempt to verify the account information. If you see an "Unable to Verify Certificate" warning, tap Accept.
- If prompted for additional information, enter "outlook.office365.com" in the Server field and your UARK username in the Username field. Tap Next.
- Use the on/off switches to select the information (mail, contacts or calendars) you would like synchronized with Exchange. Tap Save.
- You might see "Configuring Sync" flashing by, and then you will be returned to the Mail, Contacts or Calendars section of Settings. Setting your UARK Exchange mailbox as your default account is recommended. You can modify other settings such as Push Notifications, New Invitation Alerts, etc.
- Return to the home screen and tap the Mail icon to check your email. It will take a few minutes for the device to download email, calendar and contact information.
Android is available on a variety of devices from different manufacturers, making software on each device slightly different. Step-by-step instructions will not apply to all versions and devices. When adding your Exchange mailbox to your Android, use the following settings:
- Account type: Corporate or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Domain: uark.edu
- Username: your UARK username (some phones might require you to enter "@uark.edu" at the end)
Note: Limited support is available for Androids due to the variety of operating systems available for these devices.
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)
- Enter "outlook.office365.com" as the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP).
- The security type is SSL (TLS).
- The server port is 993.
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
- Enter "smtp.office365.com" as the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
- The security type is SSL (TLS).
- The server port is 587.
If you receive an error on your first attempt to add the account, tap Manual Setup and enter the information above.
- On Start, flick left to the open the App list.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Email & Accounts.
- Tap "Add an account."
- Select Outlook.
- Enter your UARK email address and password.
- Tap Sign in.
- Wait for your Exchange Server email, calendar and contacts to be synced to your phone.
- Open the ActiveSync application on your Windows Mobile device. It is sometimes located in the Programs folder. Do not open the email application on the phone at this time.
- Select Menu, then select Configure Server (or use the link to configure the Exchange account).
- Enter "outlook.office365.com" for the server address, and check the "This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection" box. Click Next.
- Enter your username and password. Enter "uark.edu" for the domain name.
- Select Save Password if you do not want to enter your password every time you sync (recommended). Click Next.
- Unless otherwise desired, leave Contacts, Calendar, Email and Tasks selected for Synchronization. Click Finish.
- Open your Inbox or messaging application to verify email is being received.