ISIS and BASIS Passwords
You are here: Home → ISIS and BASIS PasswordsISIS is the Integrated Student Information System, and BASIS is the Business Administrative Strategic Information Sysem.
State legislative auditors require safeguards for the ISIS administrative and BASIS login processes to ensure campus database security. Users are locked out of ISIS or BASIS after five (5) consecutive failed login attempts. These attempts can occur at one time or over the course of weeks, but must be consecutive.
Usernames for ISIS are the same as UARK usernames. Students use their UARK account password, and faculty and staff ISIS users are required to set a separate ISIS password.
Changing Your ISIS Password
To reset your ISIS password, go to Password Manager.
ISIS Password Guidelines for Faculty and Staff
- Passwords cannot exceed a maximum length of 20 characters or go below 8 characters.
- Passwords must contain at least one number; capital letters are allowed, but not required. ISIS passwords should not contain spaces or special characters.
- Passwords cannot be reused within the last five changes.
Changing ISIS Passwords for Faculty and Staff
Your ISIS password expires after 120 days. To change your password prior to being locked out, follow these instructions:
- Log into ISIS with your current ISIS password.
- Click My Password Profile and Change Password
- Enter your current ISIS password.
- Enter your new password (see password guidelines above), and reenter it in the Confirm Password field.
- Click OK.
To change a faculty or staff ISIS password from off campus, complete and fax the ISIS Password Reset form or contact the Help Desk for assistance.
Unlocking an ISIS Account
To use the self-service option to unlock your faculty or staff account, you must have set up an ISIS Security Question and Response. Upon lockout, click "Use Your Security Question." Once you correctly respond to your question, you will receive a temporary password that will allow you to log into ISIS one time to change your password.
If you are locked out of ISIS and have not set up your security question and response, you must renew your account by going to the IT Services Help Desk, the Arkansas Union Help Desk, or the General Access Computing Labs in the Arkansas Union or Mullins Library during business hours.
For questions regarding ISIS passwords, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Help Desk at 479-575-2905.
Setting a Security Question and Response
After setting a security question and response, you will be able to reset your password even if you have been locked out of the system.
To set your Security Question and Response:
- Log into ISIS.
- Click My Password Profile.
- Click Change or Create Your Security Question and Response.
- Select a question, enter your response, and click OK.
It is important to remember the security question and the exact answer and its spelling and case.
Users who log into webBASIS as employees use their UARK username and password. Users who log into webBASIS as administrators, or log directly into BASIS, use a BASIS ID and password. Although most BASIS IDs are the same as UARK usernames, BASIS passwords are never the same as UARK passwords. BASIS passwords must be changed every 120 days.
BASIS Password Guidelines
Passwords must be exactly eight characters.
- Passwords must contain at least one number, one uppercase, and one lowercase character.
- The following special characters are allowed and considered uppercase characters: # $ @
- Passwords cannot be reused within the last six changes.
Changing your BASIS Password
- Go to the Admin logon screen and enter your BASIS ID and password.
- Tab to the New Password field and enter your new password.
- You will be prompted to "Confirm by rekeying your password." Enter your new password again.
- Click Enter.
Resetting or Unlocking your BASIS Password
Contact your Leave Administrator to reset your BASIS password. An email containing your temporary password will be sent to your UARK email account. Log into BASIS to change your temporary password. If you are not on the main campus, please complete and fax the BASIS Admin Password Reset form (PDF).