MyDocs File Storage
You are here: Home → MyDocs File StorageMyDocs provides 500 MB of individualized file storage available to every University of Arkansas student, faculty, and staff member. You can use MyDocs to access files from your computer or the Documents folder in a General Access Computing Lab (GACL).
Accessing MyDocs in the GACLs
When logged into a Windows computer in a GACL, anything you save to Documents will be automatically saved to your MyDocs online file storage.
GACL Mac users can map a drive to access MyDocs using the address smb://mydocs.uark.edu/mydocs/username/Documents, where "username" is your UARK username. Use the instructions in the Mapping a Drive Tech Article.
Accessing MyDocs on Your Computer
Use the instructions in the Mapping a Drive Tech Article to connect to MyDocs from off-campus or on home computers. Off-campus users may need to connect using VPN at vpn.uark.edu before mapping a drive to the campus network. The address for mapping a drive to MyDocs from your computer is:
- Windows: \\mydocs.uark.edu\mydocs\username\Documents
- Mac: smb://mydocs.uark.edu/mydocs/username/Documents
"Username" is your UARK username.
Accessing MyDocs in a Web Browser
You can access and manage your MyDocs files in a web browser using webDocs at webdocs.uark.edu. Log in with your UARK username and password and select MyDocs from the menu on the left.
Saving a File to MyDocs
- If you have created folders in MyDocs, navigate to the folder where you want to save the file.
- Click Browse to the right of the "File 1" field located below the file listing.
- Find and select the desired file. Click Open.
- A new file field (File 2) with another Browse button will appear. To upload more than one file, use this second file field.
- To finish uploading the file(s), click Upload File(s).
- Use the folder path (e.g., [My Docs]/Folder/subFolder) at the top to navigate back through the folders.
- Check the box to the left of the file to use actions from the drop-down menu at the top of the file listing, including copy, cut, delete, rename.