Research Data Services
You are here: Home → Research Data ServicesResearch Data Services (RDS) offers statistical software support, research database support, and one-on-one consultation and assistance with research methods and analysis.
RDS supports and manages access to research surveys using Qualtrics. Qualtrics is a professional quality web-based platform for designing, distributing, and evaluating surveys. Qualtrics offers an intuitive user interface as well as flexibility and functionality across disciplines.
All surveys must be approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) with a "Statement of Clearance" submitted to IT Services verifying IRB compliance and approval before publishing. RDS provides assistance with the submission of survey instruments to the IRB for approval. For information on IRB submission, see the Research Compliance page.
Comprehensive training and technical support for Qualtrics are available at qualtrics.com.
Snap Survey software continues to be available for current and ongoing projects through 2012, but all new survey projects will use Qualtrics.
For survey questions, comments or support, contact RDS at email@example.com.
RDS support includes:
- assistance with selection and implementation of primary and secondary data collection methods
- assistance with submission of survey instruments to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for approval
- assistance with access to public domain and site licensed research databases
- assistance with data management and preparation of data for analysis
- consultation and recommendations for selecting statistical methods to meet project objectives
- recommendations for selection of software to meet reporting objectives
RDS also supports the following statistical software packages: AMOS, JMP, Mathematica, SAS System, SPSS, SigmaPlot, Stata, and SYSTAT.
The University of Arkansas is a member of the ICPSR (www.icpsr.umich.edu/ICPSR), providing all faculty, staff, and students with access to the ICPSR data resources.
Research design and statistical analysis assistance is also available from the Center of Statistical Consulting within the Department of Mathematical Sciences Statistics Division.
For more information about RDS services and support, contact Ling Ting at 575-2901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.