The Security Team at the University of Arkansas protects university resources from attacks and other threats by implementing defenses on the campus network, identifying compromised accounts and devices, and developing policies, standards and guidelines for campus security.
Services provided for individuals and departments include:
- Free SSL certificates
- Application security review and vulnerability assessments
- Education and awareness for mobile users and traveling staff
- Security architecture design
The Security Team also protects against and prevents potential security threats through:
- Network scanning and monitoring
- Server and application security testing
- Implementation of UARK Central Login for university applications
- Computer forensic analysis
- Minimize damage from lost or stolen data and equipment
- Malware analysis
- Law enforcement investigation assistance
In addition, the Security Team manages the campus InCommon Federation membership and sponsors the development of secure applications, including Password Manager, UARK Central Login, Central Log Repository, Identity and Access Management, and Global Threat Defense.