Technology CentersFaculty Technology Center and the Student Technology Center support the university's commitment to excellence in teaching and learning by assisting faculty, staff and students in effectively using technology. The Centers provide:
- guidance and support for selecting and using appropriate technology,
- technological resources to accomplish learning objectives inside and outside the classroom, and
- individualized support to launch innovative approaches to learning.
Faculty Technology Center
The Faculty Technology Center supports the use of technology to enhance classroom learning and faculty scholarship. Students benefit from a rich learning environment where technology is used effectively to meet course objectives and in support of knowledge sharing.
Located in the Gibson Annex, the Faculty Technology Center staff works individually with faculty to create digital course materials, consult on instructional design, select and use the appropriate technology, and involve students in using technology within a course.
- Blackboard Learn support
- Lecture capture
- Web conferencing
- Digital course material support
- Multimedia workstations and support
- Instructional design consultation
- One-on-one training
Student Technology CenterThe Student Technology Center, located in the Arkansas Union, supports learning outside the classroom and is focused on the synergies that emerge from play and work, ideation and project development, individual work and group collaboration.
Within the new Student Technology Center, users will find:
- Gaming studio
- Digital media lab
- Team collaboration and presentation areas
- Soundproof recording
- Equipment checkout
- Tech lounge
- Email and quick print stations
- Social media stations
- Workstations with General Access Computing Lab software
Students can receive individual tutoring and technical support in the digital media lab from Student Technology Center staff. The Student Technology Center provides social spaces for students to engage with technology, and resources to foster immersion in and exploration of new technologies.