Download Symantec Antivirus
Wait! Before installing this software, you must uninstall other antivirus software such as free trials or older versions of Symantec, Norton, McAfee, etc. Get the macOS Symantec Uninstaller.
Heads up! When you click the download link, you will be prompted for a Username and Password. Enter your full @uark.edu email address and your UARK password. The download will begin automatically.
Download and install Symantec AntiVirus for a university-owned computer:
- On Campus SEPS 14.2 MP1 for Windows (64-bit)
Note: Enter your @uark.edu address in the Username field, and then enter your UARK password. The download will begin automatically.
- On Campus SEPS 14.2 MP1 for macOS (OS X)
Note: You may be prompted to log into Box with your @uark.edu credentials. Click the Download button in the top right corner.
Download and install Symantec AntiVirus for your personal computer:
Can't find it? If you need a version of Symantec AntiVirus that is not listed, please contact the IT Help Desk.
By downloading and installing this software, you agree to the following:
- I am a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Arkansas Fayetteville campus.
- I will not redistribute or publish this software in any fashion.
- I agree that upon termination of my status as a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville campus, I will uninstall all licensed copies of this software that I have installed on my personal computer(s). I understand this software is licensed by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville for use on university-owned personal computers and that faculty, staff and students may install one copy on their personal computer during their affiliation with the university.
When SEPS is installed, it replaces the firewall that came with Windows with a more robust firewall and intrusion prevention system. If you do not wish to install the firewall feature, select the Custom option during installation and remove "Network Threat Protection."
During the installation process, you will be asked to choose Unmanaged or Managed. For on-campus installation, choose Managed. For off-campus installation, choose Unmanaged.
Some users may be prompted to install Java SE 6 Runtime. After completing the Java installation, restart the Norton Antivirus installer to complete the installation.
When installing SEPS on a production server, the recommendation is to use the Custom option and remove "Network Threat Protection" (firewall), limiting the number of open inbound ports by default.
Students who have purchased a new computer with Killer Wireless software installed might get an error or blue screen after installing Symantec AntiVirus. If this happens, follow the instructions at https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH236768.html.