Kofax Capture Installation Steps
Required Pre-Installation Steps
To upgrade or install Kofax Capture 10.2, you must have administrator rights on your computer. Contact your department tech support if you do not have administrator rights.
Before installing Kofax Capture 10.2 for Windows, you must follow the steps below. The application will not install and work correctly without meeting these security requirements. For questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.
- Add the specific user information to your department's Kofax Active Directory security group. This Active Directory group controls security to the batch classes. If you need more information about your department's Kofax AD group(s), create a ticket.
- Install the scanner and the native scanner drivers. You can verify that the scanner is compatible with Kofax Capture 10.2 by checking the Kofax Scanner Configuration Utility.
- The logged-in user must have “modify” level security to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax directory to create and use the local runtime database Kofax uses during processing.
- The user account control found at Control Panel\User Accounts\Change User Account
Control settings has to be set to “Never notify." Restart the computer to confirm
the changes go into effect.
Note: The User Account Control settings can be set back after installation if desired.
- Change the setting at Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Policy/Local
- Set "User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations" to "Disabled." Click Apply.
- Close the Local Security Policy and Administrative Tools windows.
- Restart the computer to confirm the changes go into effect.
- Continue below with the instructions to install Kofax Capture 10.2 for Windows.
Note: If you are departmental tech support, do not use a service account to install Kofax Capture 10.2. Use of a service account produces undesirable results.
- Using Windows File Explorer navigate to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\WrkInst
- Right-click the file named Setup.exe and select "Run as Administrator."
- When the installer opens, it will detect a previous version of Kofax and prompt you
to upgrade. You will receive a warning that the User Account Control may be enabled.
Note: Make sure the User Account Control settings have been set to "Never notify" in the pre-installation instructions.
- When the license agreement appears, check the box to accept. Click Next.
Note: English is the default and will be used if you do not choose another language.
- Click Next to allow default local installation settings.
- Continue clicking Next and then click Install. Allow several minutes for the installation to complete. Click Finish.
- After the install, while not prompted to do so, you should restart the computer.
- Download and install SP1:
- Using Windows File Explorer navigate to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\ServicePack1
- Right-click the KofaxCapture-10.2.1_en.exe file and select "Run as Administrator," or in Windows 10, select "More" and "Run as Administrator."
- Download and install the registry fix file:
- Using Windows File Explorer navigate to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\RegistryFix
- For workstations with a 64-bit operating system, copy the file "KofaxRegFix.reg.remove"
to the desktop. Delete ".remove" from the end of the filename. Right-click the file
and select Merge. This will update the registry settings.
Note: If you have a 32-bit workstation, use the 32-bit version of the file.
To open the application:
- Search or select Kofax Capture 10.2 from the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click Batch Manager and select “Run as Administrator," or in Windows 10, select "More" and "Run as Administrator."
- Enter your UARK username and password. Press Enter.
Note: Steps two and three are only necessary the first time you open Batch Manager.
If you have any questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.
System Requirements and Recommendations
This application requires Windows versions 7, 8.1 or 10, with a 2.0GHz or greater processor. A dual core processor is recommended for increased performance. Other requirements include:
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768. Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 SVGA
- Minimum internet speed: 1.5Mb/s. Recommended internet speed: 4.5Mb/s
- Minimum memory: 2GB memory
- Minimum disk space: 1GB disk space
- NET 4.5 required