Service Account Guidelines
To convert a secondary account to a service account, it must:
- Exist prior to requesting conversion
- Be active with a current (non-expired) password
Note: Service accounts must be used only to authenticate one system, subsystem or application to another for automated tasks.
- If the secondary account does not already exist, request one using the Account Request form. It may take up to three business days for the account to be created.
- Use Password Manager to set a strong password with a minimum of 12 characters for the secondary account.
- Create a ticket requesting the status change for the account. Include the following information in
- The username of the secondary account
- A description of the service account's intended purpose
- What privileges are required
- A statement confirming that the account is for application use only
The requester will receive confirmation of the service account creation.