In addition to a more reliable and consistent user experience, VDI provides several
benefits to local colleges and departments.
- Anyone who owns a UARK account can log in and take advantage of standard computer lab software.
- VDI computer labs are less expensive and take less time to manage.
- Upgrades, patches and other maintenance are managed by central IT, cutting down on departmental costs and support.
- Thin- and zero-client workstations are inexpensive, reduce energy use and last longer than traditional desktop computers.
- The IT Services virtualization teams are constantly working to improve VDI and making future plans for new VDI-related services.
After you submit a request, IT Services will respond to schedule an initial interview with your team to discuss rates and implementation planning.