IT Services Careers
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains, the University of Arkansas is the nation’s third fastest-growing flagship university and consistently ranks among the top public universities and best values in the United States.
Full-time Open Positions
Associate CIO of Infrastructure and Enterprise Systems
IT services at the University of Arkansas is currently seeking candidates for the position of Associate CIO of Infrastructure and Enterprise Systems. This position serves as a member of the CIO leadership team and reports directly to the CIO. The duties for this position include the following:
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive technical and operational plans which incorporates the goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the university and IT
- Oversee the design, development, deployment and management of technology solutions and services
- Ensure consistent and reliable applications, infrastructure, systems and services
- Ensures that systems are scalable to meet the growing needs of the university
- Identify and implement new solutions
- Contribute to the overall IT architecture
- In collaboration with the CIO and IT management, oversees the prioritization and management of a portfolio of complex programs and projects spanning the entire campus using best practices and maintaining effective communication with project sponsors and key stakeholders as needed
- Evaluate and assess current technology and operations to guide future decisions with a focus on continuous improvement, quality of service and emerging and innovative technologies for a higher education environment
- Assist the CIO with facilitating an IT governance strategy that ensures communications and transparency of IT project initiatives and university resources
- Lead, influence, and manage a staff of IT professionals in maintaining systems and related infrastructures, and coordinates the design, build, and integration of new application solutions
- Ensure efficiency and best-in-class service delivery in managing day-to-day operations
- Areas of responsibility for this position include Network Services, Systems Administration, Enterprise Applications teams, and associated teams.
A complete position announcement may be viewed at the University Human Resources' job portal: http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/32901
IT Security Analyst
The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas is seeking to employ individuals that have completed first/second term of military service. We know that military service develops leadership skills, technical expertise, and problem-solving capabilities. This opportunity is a hands-on technical opportunity as an IT Security Analyst that supports security operations on multiple security systems while having an opportunity to complete your degree.
Apply and learn more about the position at: http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/32688
Are you a student enrolled at the University of Arkansas? Are you looking to get started with career experience in information technology? We want to see your resume!
Campus IT Initiatives
At the University of Arkansas, IT culture is rapidly changing. A spirit of “one team” is being fostered across the campus, and, together, we are launching a new initiative, Achieve IT: Excellence in Technology. Under the Achieve IT banner, a collaborative process to achieve excellence in the IT environment has begun. Workgroups that include members from across campus are exploring how we can best share essential services—such as classroom technologies, service desk and desktop support, and software distribution and licensing.
Equal Opportunity Institution
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment.