Zoom meetings can be recorded for classes or other meetings to share later. Recordings can be saved to your local computer or to the university's cloud streaming service Kaltura.
You can set up your Zoom profile to automatically record meetings to be saved locally or in the cloud. This feature is helpful for recurring meetings such as a class that you want to always record.
If you do not prefer automatic recordings, you can begin recording from within the meeting:
- Start a meeting as the host and click the Record button.
- Select Record to the Cloud or Record on this Computer to begin recording.
- To stop recording, click Pause/Stop Recording. When you click Stop, the recording must be processed before it can be viewed.
Find Cloud Recordings
Faculty using Zoom for classes can access their recordings within learn.uark.edu by clicking the My Media link under My Kaltura Media.
For meetings recorded outside of Blackboard Learn:
- Go to video.uark.edu.
- In the top right, click the Profile icon, and then select Login.
Note: You may be logged in automatically. If prompted, enter your @uark.edu email address and password.
- Click the Profile icon in the top right and select My Media.
Heads up! Cloud recordings are saved to the Zoom Cloud for up to 30 days. Your recordings are available permanently in Kaltura.
Update Captions for Cloud Recordings
- From My Media, click the title of your recording.
- Click the Actions menu below the video, and select +Caption & Enrich.
- Click the pencil icon to edit captions. Select the box where you want to edit captions and begin editing.
- When finished, click Save.
Share Cloud Recordings
- From My Media, click the Actions menu to the right of your video title. Select +Publish.
- Select Unlisted from the options on the page. Click Save.
- Return to the My Media page and click the title of the video you published.
- Click the Share button below the video and use the options provided to share a link, embed or email.