Antivirus for Windows (On Campus)
Download and install Symantec AntiVirus on an on-campus computer running Windows. If you need antivirus software for your personal home computer or for a work computer that you use off campus, download the Windows Off Campus version.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14
Before you install Symantec AntiVirus
It is important to make sure you've uninstalled other antivirus software such as free trials or older versions of Symantec, Norton, McAfee, PCCillin, etc. before installing Symantec AntiVirus from the university. Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel to remove the old software.
Updated to version 14.0 MP1 on February 27, 2017
- Download Symantec Endpoint Security 14.0 for 32-bit
- Download Symantec Endpoint Security 14.0 for 64-bit
This version is compatible with Windows 10. In Windows 7, it might be necessary to right-click on the installation file and select the "Run as administrator" option.
Symantec Endpoint Security (SEPS) includes antivirus and antispyware protection, as well as firewall, intrusion prevention and other security features. When SEPS is installed, it replaces the firewall that came with Windows with a more robust firewall and intrusion prevention system. If you do not wish to install the firewall feature, select the Custom option during installation and remove "Network Threat Protection."
- I am a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Arkansas Fayetteville campus.
- I will not redistribute or publish this software in any fashion.
- I agree that upon termination of my status as a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville campus, I will uninstall all licensed copies of this software that I have installed on my personal computer(s). I understand this software is licensed by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville for use on university-owned personal computers and that faculty, staff and students may install one copy on their personal computer during their affiliation with the university.
When installing SEPS on a production server, the recommendation is to use the Custom option and remove "Network Threat Protection" (firewall), limiting the number of open inbound ports by default.