Antivirus for Mac (Off Campus)
Download and install Symantec AntiVirus on an off-campus personal computer running macOS (OS X). Your UARK email address and password are required.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14
Before you install Symantec AntiVirus
It is important to make sure you've uninstalled other antivirus software such as free trials or older versions of Norton, McAfee, PCCillin, etc. BEFORE installing Symantec AntiVirus from the university. In Applications, go to your existing antivirus software folder and use the Uninstaller to remove the software. If there is no Uninstaller, delete your antivirus software and its related folders.
To remove previous versions of Symantec, download and run the Symantec Uninstaller.
Updated to version 14.0 MP1 on February 27, 2017
Download Symantec AntiVirus 14.0 for macOS (OS X).
- During the installation process, you will be asked to choose Unmanaged or Managed. For off-campus installation, choose Unmanaged.
- Mountain Lion users may be required to change security settings to resolve issues
running the installer. Go to System Preferences and click "Security & Privacy." Change
the setting "Allow applications downloaded from" to Anywhere.
Note: After completing the installation, change this setting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers."
- During installation, some users may be prompted to install Java SE 6 Runtime. After completing the Java installation, restart the Norton Antivirus installer to complete the installation.
- I am a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Arkansas Fayetteville campus.
- I will not redistribute or publish this software in any fashion.
- I agree that upon termination of my status as a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville campus, I will uninstall all licensed copies of this software that I have installed on my personal computer(s). I understand this software is licensed by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville for use on university-owned personal computers and that faculty, staff and students can install one copy on their personal computer during their affiliation with the university.
When installing SEPS on a production server, the recommendation is to use the Custom option and remove "Network Threat Protection" (firewall), limiting the number of open inbound ports by default.