Requesting SSL Certificates
IT Services grants SSL certificates issued by Comodo through the InCommon Certificate Service. The default certificate lifetime is two years with a one or three year lifetime available on request.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and submit it to the IT Services Security Team:
- Follow the instructions for your platform or application environment:
For a complete list of platforms, see the Comodo Knowledge Base: CSR Generation page.
Note: Ensure your CSR is created with a 2048-bit or larger public key.
- When prompted, provide the following information:
- Country: US
- State: Arkansas
- Locality Name: Fayetteville (or city where system is located)
- Organization Name: University of Arkansas
- Organizational Unit Name: Name of unit requesting certificate
- Common Name: Name of web server
- Email address: leave blank
- Challenge Password: leave blank
- An Optional Company Name: leave blank
- Your CSR will be generated on your local file system (usually in the Downloads folder).
- Go to askit.uark.edu.
- Enter your office phone number (optional).
- Select Security from the Category drop-down menu.
- Enter a subject.
- In the Description text box, provide details about your CSR, including a description of the application or server to which it will be applied, as well as information or special instructions that apply to the request.
- Click Submit Request. Log in with your UARK username and password.
- Under the Comment box, click the Choose File button.
- Select the CSR file generated in step 2 and click Open. Click Submit.
The certificate will be issued through the original AskIT case within two business days under normal circumstances.