Exchange Resource Calendars
To request a resource account, please fill out and submit the online request form. When you request a resource account, you must specify whether the resource is a location or equipment.
- The naming convention for the Location Resource Accounts is:
Department Code:Room Name:Building:Room Number
- The naming convention for the Equipment Resource Accounts is:
Department Code:Equipment Name
Resource calendars can be invited to meetings and have attributes that allow them to auto-accept meetings for objects such as rooms, projectors and other items as "attendees" of meetings. They are also listed in the Global Address List the same way users are displayed.
Resources are managed and controlled by the individuals who are members of a department's Resource Coordinators group. Typically, resources are set up to handle meeting requests on a first come, first served basis. Exchange resources are flexible, however, and can be configured and restricted to meet the needs of individual departments.
To write events directly to a Resource Calendar, the user must be a member of the Resource Coordinators group for the department.
Managing Resource Calendars
- Log into outlook.office.com with your UARK email address and password.
- Click your profile picture in the top right and select Open another mailbox.
- Start typing the display name of the resource. Resource names begin with the four-letter code of the department that owns them. The first five results will be displayed. Click Search Directory to view a full list.
- Select the resource and click Open.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the upper right and select Calendar. From the menu on the left, select Resource scheduling.
- Change settings appropriate for your resource. Click Save.
Alternate Methods of Granting Access
Members of the Resource Coordinators Group for the department can add new members to the management group by using Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC), part of Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).
- Open ADUC. From the menu on the left, select Exchange Resource Units.
- Find the department and management group for your resource.
- Double-click the group name and click the Members tab.
- Add the appropriate user and click OK. Click OK again.
Note: It can take up to an hour for changes to take effect in the Office 365 cloud.
Anyone in the Resource Coordinators Group for the department can go to the permissions for the calendar and grant "reviewer" access in Outlook or "can view all details" access in the Office365 Outlook Web App.