Skype for Business Mac Setup
The Skype for Business application for Mac is available to faculty and staff through the Office 365 campuswide license.
Minimum requirement: macOS X v10.11 or later
- Log into portal.office.com using your full UARK email address and password.
- In the upper-right section of the page, click the Other installs link.
- Click "Skype for Business" on the left.
- Click the Install button. If the installer doesn’t launch automatically, locate and run the "SkypeForBusinessInstaller.pkg" file from your Downloads folder or default downloads location.
- Follow the Installer instructions, accepting the license agreement, closing any browsers, and entering your computer’s admin password as prompted.
- After Skype for Business is installed, click Close.
- Click the "Skype for Business" icon in the Dock.
Note: If Microsoft AutoUpdate launches automatically, click "Check for Updates" to fully update all Microsoft apps before using Skype for Business.
- Enter your full UARK email address in the Email Address field. Leave the Username field blank.
- Enter your UARK password in the Password field. Click Sign-in.
- If you are redirected to the university Microsoft Login site, log in with your full
UARK email address and password.
Note: Subsequent logins to Skype will skip this one-time redirect.
- Click the Next button to proceed through the Welcome to Sykpe information, clicking Finish at the end.
The main Skype for Business window will appear, containing your contact info and chat history.