SharePoint Preventing Multiple Logins
Users are sometimes inconvenienced by being required to log into a SharePoint site multiple times.
Mac users can avoid this issue by clicking Allow when prompted to save their passwords in the Keychain.
Windows users with Internet Explorer (versions 7 and higher) can avoid this issue by saving their passwords in Internet Explorer (on private computers only). To save a UARK password for logging into SharePoint sites:
- Open Internet Explorer, and enter the address of your SharePoint site.
- When prompted, enter your UARK username and password.
- Check the "Remember my credentials" box. Click OK.
IT Services strongly recommends that users do not save passwords on public or shared computers.
Install the SharePoint Registry File Fix
When an Organizational Unit (OU) is not available or if the computer is used off campus, the SharePoint Registry File fix can be installed to allow automatic logins to a SharePoint site by:
- Download the SharePoint Registry File Fix.
- In your Downloads folder, double-click the file to install.
- If prompted with a "User Account Control" window, click Yes.
- When prompted with the Registry Editor window, click Yes.
- Click OK.
Link to the SharePoint Group Policy
A SharePoint group policy has been created to allow members of an OU to automatically log into SharePoint sites. Active Directory OU administrators, listed by your department tech support, can link an existing OU to the SharePoint group policy by:
- Click Start. Click Administrative Tools.
- Click "Group Policy Management."
- Right-click the OU to be linked to the SharePoint GPO. Select Link an Existing GPO.
- Click "UITS - SharePoint AD Authentication fix." Click OK.
- It might be necessary to run "gpupdate.exe /force" after applying the fix.
Note: Windows is required when managing Active Directory OUs.