Kofax Capture Pre-installation Steps
Before installing the Kofax Capture 10.2 for Windows client, you must follow the steps below to meet the security requirements:
- Add the specific user information to your department's Kofax Active Directory security group. This Active Directory group controls security to the batch classes. If you need more information about your department's Kofax AD group(s), create a ticket.
- Install the scanner and the native scanner drivers. You can verify that the scanner is compatible with Kofax Capture 10.2 by checking the Kofax Scanner Configuration Utility.
- The logged-in user must have “modify” level security to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax directory to create and use the local runtime database Kofax uses during processing.
- The user account control found at Control Panel\User Accounts\Change User Account
Control settings has to be set to “Never notify." Restart the computer to confirm
the changes go into effect.
Note: The User Account Control settings can be set back after installation if desired.
- Change the setting at Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Policy/Local
- Set "User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations" to "Disabled." Click Apply.
- Close the Local Security Policy and Administrative Tools windows.
- Restart the computer to confirm the changes go into effect.
- Follow the instructions to Install Kofax Capture 10.2 for Windows.
Warning: Kofax Capture 10.2 will not install and work correctly without meeting these security requirements. If you have any questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.