Kofax Capture Pre-installation Steps
Before installing Kofax Capture for Windows, you must follow the steps below to meet the security requirements:
- Add the specific user information to your department's Kofax AD security group. If you need more information about your Kofax AD group, create a ticket.
- Request security for the Kofax Capture batch classes by creating a ticket. Include the user’s UARK username and a list of the Kofax Capture batch classes they need to access.
- Install the scanner and the native scanner drivers. You can verify that the scanner is compatible with Kofax Capture by checking the Kofax Scanner Configuration Utility.
- The logged-in user must have “modify” level security to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax directory to create and use the local runtime database Kofax uses during processing.
- The user account control found at Control Panel\User Accounts\Change User Account Control settings has to be set to “Never notify." Restart the computer to confirm the changes go into effect.
- Change the setting at Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Policy/Local
- Set "User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations" to "Disabled." Click Apply.
- Close the Local Security Policy and Administrative Tools windows.
- Restart the computer to confirm the changes go into effect.
- Follow the instructions to Install Kofax Capture for Windows.
Warning: Kofax Capture will not install and work correctly without meeting these security requirements. If you have any questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.