Install Kofax Capture for Windows
Wait! Before installing Kofax Capture, make sure you've completed the pre-installation steps.
To download and install Kofax Capture, you must have administrator rights on your computer. Contact your department tech support if you do not have administrator rights.
- Map a drive to: \\kofaxprd\CaptureSV\WrkInst
- Right-click the file named Setup.exe and select "Run as Administrator."
- When the installer opens, check the box to accept the license agreement.
- Click Next to allow default local installation settings.
- Continue clicking Next and then click Install. Allow several minutes for the installation to complete. Click Finish.
- After the install, while not prompted to do so, you should do a restart.
- Download and install SP2:
- Map a drive to: \\kofaxprd\CaptureSV\Service Pack 2
- Run the .msp file.
- Download and install FP2:
- Map a drive to: \\kofaxprd\Capturesv\Kofax Capture 10.0.2.2 Fix Pack 2\KofaxCapture-10.0.2.2
- Run KofaxCapture-10.0.2.2.msp.
- Download and install the registry fix file:
- Map a drive to: \\Kofaxprd\CaptureSV\RegistryFix
- Run the relevant KofaxRegFix.reg (KofaxRegFix.reg.remove) file in the directory. This
will update the registry settings for the database port to be used.
Note: There is one file for 32 bit machines and one for 64 bit machines, and the registry entries are held in different places. Copy the appropriate file to the machine's desktop, remove the ".remove" from the file name, and then right-click and merge the file.
To open the application:
- Search or select Kofax Capture 10 from the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click Batch Manager and select “Run as Administrator." This is only necessary the first time you open Batch Manager.
- Enter your UARK username and password. Press Enter.
If you have any questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.
System Requirements and Recommendations
This application requires Windows versions 7, 8.1 or 10, with a 2.0 GHz or greater processor. A dual core processor is recommended for increased performance. Other requirements include:
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768. Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 SVGA
- Minimum internet speed: 1.5Mb/s. Recommended internet speed: 4.5Mb/s
- Minimum memory: 2GB memory
- Minimum disk space: 1GB disk space
- NET 4.5 required