Upgrade Kofax Capture for Windows
Wait! Before upgrading Kofax Capture, make sure you've completed the pre-installation steps.
Access Kofax Capture on the web using the Kofax KFS website version.
To upgrade or install Kofax Capture, you must have administrator rights on your computer. Contact your department tech support if you do not have administrator rights.
- Map a drive to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\WrkInst
- Right-click the file named Setup.exe and select "Run as Administrator."
- When the installer opens, it will detect a previous version of Kofax and prompt you
to upgrade. You will receive a warning that the User Account Control may be enabled.
Note: Make sure the User Account Control settings have been set to "Never notify" in the pre-installation instructions.
- When the license agreement appears, check the box to accept. Click Next.
Note: English is the default and will be used if you do not choose another language.
- Click Next to allow default local installation settings.
- Continue clicking Next and then click Install. Allow several minutes for the installation to complete. Click Finish.
- After the install, while not prompted to do so, you should restart the computer.
- Download and install SP1:
- Map a drive to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\ServicePack1
- Right-click the KofaxCapture-10.2.1_en.exe file and select "Run as Administrator," or in Windows 10, select "More" and "Run as Administrator."
- Download and install the registry fix file:
- Map a drive to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\RegistryFix
- For workstations with a 64-bit operating system, copy the file "KofaxRegFix.reg.remove"
to the desktop. Delete ".remove" from the end of the filename. Right-click the file
and select Merge. This will update the registry settings.
Note: If you have a 32-bit workstation, use the 32-bit version of the file.
To open the application:
- Search or select Kofax Capture 10.2 from the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click Batch Manager and select “Run as Administrator," or in Windows 10, select "More" and "Run as Administrator,"
- Enter your UARK username and password. Press Enter.
Note: Steps two and three are only necessary the first time you open Batch Manager.
If you have any questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.
System Requirements and Recommendations
This application requires Windows versions 7, 8.1 or 10, with a 2.0GHz or greater processor. A dual core processor is recommended for increased performance. Other requirements include:
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768. Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 SVGA
- Minimum internet speed: 1.5Mb/s. Recommended internet speed: 4.5Mb/s
- Minimum memory: 2GB memory
- Minimum disk space: 1GB disk space
- NET 4.5 required