Upgrade Kofax Capture for Windows
Wait! Before upgrading Kofax Capture, make sure you've completed the pre-installation steps.
To upgrade or install Kofax Capture, you must have administrator rights on your computer. Contact your department tech support if you do not have administrator rights.
- Map a drive to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\WrkInst
- Right-click the file named Setup.exe and select "Run as Administrator."
- When the installer opens, it will detect a previous version of Kofax and prompt you
to upgrade. You will receive a warning that the User Account Control may be enabled.
Note: Make sure the User Account Control settings have been set to "Never notify" in the pre-installation instructions.
- When the license agreement appears, check the box to accept. Click Next.
Note: English is the default and will be used if you do not choose another language.
- Click Next to allow default local installation settings.
- Continue clicking Next and then click Install. Allow several minutes for the installation to complete. Click Finish.
- After the install, while not prompted to do so, you should restart the computer.
- Download and install SP1:
- Map a drive to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\ServicePack1
- Right-click the KofaxCapture-10.2.1_en.exe file and select "Run as Administrator," or in Windows 10, select "More" and "Run as Administrator."
- Download and install the registry fix file:
- Map a drive to: \\kofax\CaptureSV\RegistryFix
- For workstations with a 64-bit operating system, copy the file "KofaxRegFix.reg.remove"
to the desktop. Delete ".remove" from the end of the filename. Right-click the file
and select Merge. This will update the registry settings.
Note: If you have a 32-bit workstation, use the 32-bit version of the file.
To open the application:
- Search or select Kofax Capture 10.2 from the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click Batch Manager and select “Run as Administrator," or in Windows 10, select "More" and "Run as Administrator,"
- Enter your UARK username and password. Press Enter.
Note: Steps two and three are only necessary the first time you open Batch Manager.
If you have any questions about installing Kofax, create a ticket.
System Requirements and Recommendations
This application requires Windows versions 7, 8.1 or 10, with a 2.0GHz or greater processor. A dual core processor is recommended for increased performance. Other requirements include:
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768. Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 SVGA
- Minimum internet speed: 1.5Mb/s. Recommended internet speed: 4.5Mb/s
- Minimum memory: 2GB memory
- Minimum disk space: 1GB disk space
- NET 4.5 required