Gmail Password for Older Apps
When setting up your UARK Gmail mailbox on older applications, an IMAP password for UARK Gmail is required.
Note: The IMAP password is not the same as your primary UARK account password that you use to log into UAConnect, Blackboard, Wi-Fi or other services. Use your primary password to log in at email.uark.edu.
If you already created an IMAP password for UARK Gmail, use the same password to set up your mailbox in an older desktop application. If your email application opens the UARK Central Login screen, the IMAP password is not necessary and you can log in with your primary UARK account password.
To create an IMAP password for UARK Gmail:
- Log into Password Manager with your UARK username and password.
- Click the "Set an IMAP password for UARK Gmail" link.
- Under the IMAP for UARK Gmail header, check the box next to your username.
- Enter your new password in the Password field, and then enter it again in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Submit to apply your new password.