BASIS Print Setup for Windows
Follow the instructions below to set up BASIS printing on a non-networked printer using Windows 10 or Windows 7.
Note: The following steps should be performed by or coordinated with your department's local tech support.
- Log into Windows with administrative privileges.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
- Click "Turn Windows features on or off."
- Click the Print Services directory to expand it, and then check the "LPD Print Service" box. Click OK.
- At the Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound -> Print and Document Services.
- Right-click the printer and select Customize Printer.
- Click Sharing. Check the "Share this printer" box, and enter the Share name as "win10" or "win7." Click OK.
- Create a ticket and provide the following information in the dialog box:
- Windows workstation DNS (see instructions on finding your DNS entry)
- Location of the printer (building and room)
- Brand and model of the printer