BASIS Print Setup for Windows
The following instructions explain how to set up BASIS printing on a non-networked computer in Windows 7.
- Log into Windows with administrative privileges.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel. Click Programs and Features.
- Click "Turn Windows features on or off."
- Click the Print Services directory to expand it, then check the "LPD Print Service" box. Click OK.
- At the Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound. Click Print and Document Services.
- Right-click the printer to print from the mainframe. Click Customize Printer.
- Click Sharing. Check the "Share this printer" box, and enter the Share name as "win7." Click OK.
- Click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Command Prompt.
- At the prompt, enter "ipconfig" and press Enter.
- Find your IP address.
- Locate and note your computer's DNS entry:
- Create a ticket, providing the following information in the description:
- Printer domain name
- Contact name
- Phone number
- Budgetary unit (four-letter department code)
- Email address
- Location of the printer (building and room)
- Brand and model of the printer