Perceptive Content for Windows
Perceptive Content, the document management system hosted by IT Services, can be used by departments to securely store and retrieve all types of electronic documents. Learn more about the document management system.
To work with large volumes of files, complex workflows, batch scanning and indexing, and bulk loading of documents, download and install the application for Windows. The Perceptive Content WebApp is available for light use.
Install Perceptive Content for Windows
To download and install Perceptive Content, you must have administrator rights on your computer. Contact your department tech support if you do not have administrator rights.
- Map a drive to "\\gizmo\perceptivecontent\WindowsClient" and log in with your UARK username and password.
- Drag-and-drop the ClientSetup_1516.exe file to your desktop.
Note: If you receive an alert message, click OK.
- From your desktop, right-click ClientSetup_1516.exe and select "Run as Administrator."
- Click Allow when prompted with the message, "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer?"
- Click OK when the InstallShield Wizard Welcome screen opens. Allow several minutes
for the installer to load.
Note: If you are prompted to restart at this time, click No.
- Scroll to the end of the License Agreement and check the box to accept the terms. Click Next.
- Click Next to allow default local installation settings.
- In the Profile Name field, enter "Production."
- In the Server Name field, enter "pcapp.uark.edu."
- In the Port Number field, enter "6000."
- In the Deployment Server URL field, enter
"http://pcagenttst.uark.edu/pedserver." Click Next.
- Click Next and then click Install. Allow several minutes for the installation to complete. Click Finish.
To open the application, double-click the Perceptive Content icon on your desktop. Enter your UARK username password. Click Connect.
System Requirements and Recommendations
This application requires Windows, version 7, 8.1 or 10, with a 2.0 GHz or greater processor. A dual core processor is recommended for increased performance. Other requirements include:
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768. Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 SVGA
- Minimum internet speed: 1.5 Mb/s. Recommended internet speed: 4.5 Mb/s
- Minimum memory: 2 GB memory
- Minimum disk space: 1 GB disk space
- NET 3.5 and 4.5 required