UAConnect: Add/Remove a Faculty Mentor
A Faculty Mentor may be added to a student’s account along with the student’s advisor. Once added and saved, the Faculty Mentor’s name and contact information will display on the Student Center in the Advisor box. This document also contains instructions for removing the Faculty Mentor role.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator> Records and Enrollment > Student Background Information > Student Advisor
Add a Faculty Mentor
- Enter the student’s University ID number or search by name.
- Click the Add (+) button in the top blue navigation ribbon to add a new effective
- The Effective Date defaults to the current date. You may adjust this if necessary
by either entering a new date or using the calendar icon to select a date.
- If an advisor already exists, click the Plus button in the second blue navigation
ribbon to add the row for Faculty Mentor. If there is no advisor, Faculty Mentor information
can be added on the existing row.
- Select Faculty Mentor from the Advisor Role drop-down menu.
- Enter or use the magnifying glass icon to populate the Academic Career, Academic Program,
Academic Plan and Academic Advisor fields. The information returned from the magnifying
glass search is based on the student’s University ID number. Click the result value
to populate that field.
Note: It is important to select the Active academic plan from the search results. An error will display if an inactive plan is selected.
- Click Save to complete the process. The Faculty Mentor’s name and contact information
now appears in the Advisor box on the Student Center page.
Remove a Faculty Mentor
- Click the Add (+) button in the top blue navigation ribbon to add a new effective dated row.
- Scroll to the Faculty Mentor role in the second blue navigation ribbon. Faculty Mentor should display in the Advisor Role field.
- Click the Remove (-) button on the second blue navigation ribbon to remove the Faculty Mentor role.
- Click Save to complete the transaction. This information will no longer appear on the student’s Student Center page.