UAConnect: Grant Access to Parent Center
The Parent/Family Access option allows you to authorize access to certain academic and financial information on your Student Homepage. This authorization provides access to the designee (a parent or another third party) to view your student account data, your financial aid information, your academic information and your directory information. Instructions for resetting a password and removing an authorization are included in this document.
Set up the Parent Center
To allow others to access your student academic and financial information, start by opening your UAConnect Student Homepage and clicking the Profile tile.
- Click the Grant Parent/Family Access link.
This page contains three sections:
- The permission statement and agreement
- Important information to remember
- The authorization
Important: It is important to note that the access you grant through the Parent Center, is
based on your consent for a third-party to view specific online information and is
not equivalent to a third-party release of information covered by the Federal Education
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
You must complete a FERPA 3rd Party Release form that allows the University to discuss items covered by FERPA with others.
- Review the second section containing important information about your designee’s email.
- The third section requires the email address of your designee along with the areas
you are allowing access to.
Note: When entering the designee’s email address, remember that this field case sensitive and is limited to 30 characters.
- Type and confirm the email address of the person you have designated to view your
account in the Email Address and Confirm Email Address fields. This will be the login
ID for the person. If the authorized user has a Microsoft Associated login, please
use it as the email address. Please refer to the Microsoft Associated Email Accounts
link for listing.
- Click the checkbox for each area approved for access.
Note: If you select the My Student Account Data check box, this message will appear. Follow the instructions. Click OK to close the message.
- Click Save to complete the authorization. Be aware that you are responsible for notifying
your designee of this unique user ID (email account).
- Once the authorization is saved, your designee will receive an email from Microsoft
- If the third-party does not receive or deletes the invitation email from microsoft,
verify the email is not in the spam/junk folder. If it is not, click the resend button.
Reset Password for an Authorized User
If the Parent Center password expires or is forgotten and needs to be reset, the authorized user is responsible for resetting the password.
- Authorized user will click on the myConnect link from the UAConnect login page.
- Enter the username and click the Next button.
- Re-enter and confirm the original Email Address.
- Click the Forgot my password link from the Enter password page.
Important: It is important to note that changing the password for Parent Center Access will change the password for every Microsoft associate account.
Remove the Authorization
If you have granted more than one authorization, select the one you wish to disable.
- Click the Remove button. The authorization is now removed.