UAConnect: Manage Your Class Syllabus
Faculty and instructors have the option to upload and manage their class syllabi for current, past or future assigned classes using Faculty Homepage.
It is important to note that your uploaded syllabi will not carry forward to the next semester automatically. You must upload your class syllabus for each term.
With combined classes, a syllabus may be uploaded to one section and will appear accordingly.
Add Your Syllabus
Create and save your syllabus as a pdf file before uploading the document to UAConnect. (Example: coursenamesyllabus.pdf).
Once the syllabus is uploaded, it cannot be edited or modified. You must delete and replace that file with an updated document.
- Log into your Faculty Homepage Teaching Schedule.
Note: Click the Change Term button to select a different term, if needed.
- Click the Manage Syllabus icon for the class syllabus you wish to upload.
Note: Uploading your document using an iPad or iPhone is not recommended as the iOS does not support file uploads.
- From the Course Syllabus page, click the Add Syllabus button to begin the upload process.
- Browse for your syllabus in the Class Syllabus Upload pop-up window.
- Navigate to the syllabus PDF file you want to upload.
- Click the Upload button to complete this process.
- This message appears on the Class Syllabus page when your upload is successful:
- Return to your Teaching Schedule to see that your syllabus in now available for view.
Change, Delete or View Your Syllabus
Additional options are available to you once your syllabus is uploaded.
- Change Syllabus allows you to replace your currently uploaded class syllabus with another syllabus. You cannot edit or modify the existing pdf document.
- Delete Syllabus allows you to delete your currently uploaded class syllabus. This removes the document from your teaching schedule and the Syllabus Bank. In addition, the View Syllabus icon is removed from your teaching schedule.
- View Syllabus allows you to open and view the uploaded syllabus. This is “view only” and no changes can be made.
View a Class Syllabus
Class syllabi can be viewed from several locations; the Schedule of Classes, the student’s schedule and from the Syllabus Bank website at syllabus.uark.edu.
- Schedule of Classes: All users may view a class syllabus from the Schedule of Classes – Class Search
view. Click the link to open and view the syllabus.
- Student Schedule: The Class Syllabus link appears immediately when the document is successfully uploaded
to UAConnect. The link also displays on a student’s class schedule even if the student
has registered for the class before the syllabus is uploaded.
- Syllabus Bank: After logging in, users can search for a class syllabus by class name, subject or
instructor name after a term has been selected.