UAConnect: Parent/Family Authorization
The Parent/Family Authorization option allows a student to authorize access to view certain student information. This authorization provides access to the designee (parent or other third-party) to view Treasurer’s Office, Financial Aid, Academic Records and Personal Information.
Note: Viewing the Parent Center requires internet access.
Accessing Parent Center for the First Time
Follow the steps below to access the Parent Center.
- Open your web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
- Enter uaconnect.uark.edu in the browser’s internet address field.
- Click ParentConnect.
- Log into ParentConnect:
- Email Address: This is the complete email address identified by your student to set
up your access.
- Password: This is the temporary password you received in the email from firstname.lastname@example.org
or the new password you have created.
Example of temporary password email:
- Email Address: This is the complete email address identified by your student to set up your access.
Overview of Parent Center
Click the UA Parent Homepage tile to open UA Parent Center. The left side menu options indicate what areas your student has granted you authorization to see. The central screen displays the students who have authorized you to see their account information.
Click the Select Student button for the student’s account you wish to view.
Note: Each student listed may have authorized different access to you. This page refreshes
each time you select a student and displays the access you are given.
Important: It is important to note that the access granted to you, through the Parent Center,
is based on your student’s consent for you to view specific online information and
is not equivalent to a third-party release of information covered by the Federal Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Your student must complete a FERPA Third Party Release form that allows the university to discuss items covered by FERPA with you.
Change Your Password
Your Parent Center password expires every 120 days. To avoid being locked out of your
account, please establish a security question and response. See the Security Question
and Response document in the Parent Help Center found on the Help-UAConnect website.
- Click Change Password.
- Enter your Current Password in the Current Password field (This may be the temporary
password provided in your initial email or your current password that is expiring).
- Enter your New Password.
- Confirm your new password.
- Click the Change Password button. You will see this message if the change is successful.
- Click OK.