UAConnect: Schedule of Classes Report
Security access to the Report Manager option in UAConnect is necessary to run this report. The process used to run this report is similar to all report processes in UAConnect.
Run Control ID
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Print Class Schedule
- If this is the first time to use your Schedule of Classes Run Control ID:
- Click the Add a New Value tab
- Enter the name in the Run Control ID field
- Click ADD to create your Schedule of Classes ID
Once created, this run control ID is available for use at any time
Note: The Run Control ID is a name you assign to your report. However, we recommend that you use your department code and the Schedule of Classes (SOC) abbreviation as your Run Control ID name.
Example: econ_soc for Economics Schedule of Classes.
- If you have already created a Run Control ID:
- From the Find an Exiting Value tab, enter the name of the run control ID
- Click Search
- Your existing run control opens to the Print Class Schedule page
- Click the link in Search Results that describes the class to be added. This action opens the Basic Datapage in the Schedule New Course component.
Print Class Schedule
From the Print Class Schedule page, indicate the reporting parameters for your report.
Define your query from this page before running the report.
- Enter THEUA in the Academic Institution field.
- Enter the Term code or click the magnifying glass icon to look up a list of available
- Enter the Academic Organization Node or click the magnifying glass icon to look up
a list of available values. This is your department code.
- Leave the Session field blank to search for all classes offered for that semester.
- Select a value from the Schedule Print drop-down menu. Available values are:
- Yes: All the classes with this check box selected on the Basic Data page will appear on the report.
- No: All the classes with this check box cleared on the Basic Data page will not appear on the report.
- All: All the classes appear on the report, regardless of the check box setting on
the Basic Data page.
- Select a value from the Print Instructor in Schedule drop-down menu. Available values
- Yes: All instructors with this check box selected on the Meetings page will appear on the report.
- No: All instructors with this check box cleared on the Meetings page will notappear on the report.
- All: All instructors appear on the report regardless of the check box setting on the
- Check the Print By Location check box for specific locations (i.e. Global Campus Rogers).
- Note: Once the report is created with this Run Control ID, the department code defaults during future use.
- Note: In the Class Status group box, you will find additional options for viewing active classes (Active), cancelled classes, (Cancelled), tentative (Tentative) or classes where enrollment has been stopped (Stop Enrl).
- Click the Report Options tab to define what information appears on the report.
Note: Check the Report Only check box to eliminate the File Path field or this error message will appear:
- After selecting the report options, click RUN. This action opens the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Select the Type and Format to view the report from UAConnect.
- Select WEB from the Type drop-down menu
- Select PDF from the Format drop-down menu
- Click Distributionto view options that allow other users to view the report when logging
in to UAConnect, or send the report to them through email (when the Type is set to
- Click OK to leave the Distribution page and return to the Process Scheduler.
- Click OK to run the report and return to the Schedule of Classes page
After submitting the job via the Process Scheduler Request page, use the Process Monitor to review the status of scheduled or running processes. View all processes to see the status of any job in the queue and control any processes you have initiated.
- Click the Process Monitor link on either the Print Class Schedule page or the Report
Options page. This action opens the Process List page where you may view the Run Status
of the report.
Note: The Process Monitor is comprised of two pages: Process List and Server List.
- Process List allows you to monitor the process requests you have submitted.
- Server List allows you to monitor the Process Scheduler Server Agents within UAConnect.
- The Run Status field cycles through these statuses:
- Click Refresh at the top of the Process List page to check the current status of a
- Once the Run Status indicates Success and the Distribution Status indicates Posted,
click the Details link to view the Process Detail page
- Click the View Log/Trace link in the Process Detail page to open a new window displaying
a link to view the Schedule of Classes Report.
- Click the .PDF file to open Acrobat Reader and view the report.