Legacy VPN Mac Setup (Pulse Secure)
Heads up! Pulse Secure will be retired July 1, 2019. As of March 25, 2019, GlobalProtect is the supported app for VPN connections. Get started with GlobalProtect.
Install Pulse Secure (also called Junos Pulse) to connect to the University of Arkansas virtual private network (VPN) or University Libraries VPN using macOS (OS X).
Attention: If you upgraded to macOS Sierra, it is necessary to uninstall your previous version of Pulse Secure and install the newer version linked below.
- Click to download the Pulse Secure Installer for Mac OS X.
- Open the PulseSecure.dmg file and double-click the PulseSecure.pkg icon. Follow the prompts to complete the installation. If prompted, enter your computer's keychain password.
- Click the Pulse Secure icon in the Mac menu at the top of the screen and then click
"Open Pulse Secure."
Note: If you receive a warning that the app is from an "unidentified developer," click OK in the warning dialog box. In the Applications folder, right-click Junos Pulse and select Open. Click Open.
- Click the plus (+) icon in the bottom left corner to add a new connection.
- In the Name field, enter a description for the connection, for example, "UARK VPN" or "Library VPN."
- In the Server URL field, enter "vpn.uark.edu."
Note: To connect to the University Libraries VPN, enter "vpn.uark.edu/library."
- Click Add. The new connection should appear in the Connections list.
- Select the VPN and click Connect.
- Enter your UARK username and password and check the "Save settings" box.
- Click Connect to start a VPN session. To end a session, click the Junos Pulse icon in the Mac menu bar, mouse-over the connection name and select Disconnect.