UAConnect: Assign an Advisor
Use the Student Advisor page to view or assign individual advisors or a committee of advisors associated with the student.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Student Background Information > Student Advisor
- Type the available student information in the fields and click Search.
- The Student Advisor page opens ready for the Advisor assignment.
- The first group box displays the Academic Institution. This field should default to THEUA.
- The Effective Date field should default to the current date. You can manually change this date if needed to show the date the advisor or committee becomes effective for the student.
- The second group box contains information about the advisor or committee.
- A check in the Must Approve Enrollment checkbox indicates that the advisor must approve a student’s enrollment into classes. This checkbox is for information purposes only.
- A check in the Must Approve Graduation checkbox indicates the advisor or committee must make a degree check before completion of the student graduation process. The Graduation Approved checkbox then becomes available for entry. Both checkboxes are for information purposes only.
- A check in the Graduation Approved checkbox indicates the advisor or committee has
made a degree check and the student’s graduation process can now be completed. This
checkbox is only available for entry when the Must Approve Graduation checkbox is
If additional advisors need to be added, click the button to add another.