UAConnect: Dean/Director Approval of a Security Request
When an electronic security request is created and submitted, verification of the user’s eligibility to access the system is processed. Once the user has been determined eligible, the request is routed electronically to the user’s Dean/Director for approval.
This document provides instruction to the Dean/Director for approving or declining the security request.
- Log into UAConnect and click the Navigation icon in the top banner.
- Click the Navigator icon in the left menu.
- Scroll down the right menu and select UA SIS Security, then click UAC Security Request.
- Click the Search an Existing Request tab and then type in the employee’s UARK username.
The UARK username is included in the email sent to you.
- Click Search to open the Security Request form for this user.
Important: If you receive an error message stating “No Matching Values Were Found” this indicates that another approver for your area has already reviewed this request.
- Make any notations regarding the security requested in the individual functional area note fields.
- Scroll to the Approval group box and select either Approved or Declined from the Dean/Director Approval drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
Note: If you decide to decline the request, a letter is generated and emailed to the Request Originator with notification that the request has been denied and that an explanation will follow. You should contact the request originator with the details of the denied request.