UAConnect: Parent Center Initial Setup
Changes have been made to allow parents and authorized users more control over the maintenance of the account. The following instructions are only required during initial setup.
The Parent/Family Authorization option allows a student to authorize access oto view certain student information. This authorization provides access to the disignee (parent or other third-party) to view Treasurer's Office, Financial Aid, Academic Records, and Personal Information.
Note: Viewing the Parent Center requires internet access.
Accessing Parent Center for the First Time
Follow the steps below to access the Parent Center.
- Open your web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari using the Private
- Open the email account your student entered when creating your Parent Center account.
- Open the email that contains the Microsoft Invitation.
- Click the Get Started button within the email.
Note: If you have a Microsoft account, skip to step 3. A list of Microsoft accounts is included as the last page of the documentation. If you are using any account other than a Microsoft associated account, you will be given instructions for creating a Microsoft account to log in.
Creating a Microsoft Account
- The following message will appear on your screen if you do note have a Microsoft account.
- Click the Next button to Create a Password.
- Enter a password and click the Next button to continue.
- An authorization code will be sent to your Parent Center email account.
- Enter the verification code sent from Microsoft to your email.
- Uncheck the box to deselect Send me promotional emails if it is your preference.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the letters or numbers as they appear on the screen and click the Next button.
Note: Depending on your email provider, the following message may appear. If the message does not appear, continue to step 3.
Verify information is correct. Click the Looks good! button to continue or Update now to make changes.
- Review Permissions and click the Accept button.
- If you receive this message, select either option to continue.
- Click the myConnect link on the UAConnect login page. The Parent Center tile should
appear on your screen.
Microsoft Associated Accounts
- Windows 8 and later
- Windows Server 2012 and later
- Windows components
- Groove Music
- Feedback Hub
- Movies & TV
- Microsoft Store
- Outlook Express
- Windows Messenger
- Windows Phone 7 and later
- Windows Phone Store
- Exchange Online
- Exchange Online Protection
- Microsoft Office
- Office 365
- Office Online
- OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive)
- Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail)
- System Center Advisor
- Visual Studio
- Windows Azure
- Windows Insider Program
- Windows Live Messenger
- Windows Movie Maker
- Windows Photo Gallery
- Xbox Live