UAConnect: Create a Security Request for Hourly Employees
Use this electronic form to create a request for security to UAConnect for hourly or work-study employees.
Creating the Request
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator> UA SIS Security > UA Security Request
- Click the Create New Request tab.
- Enter the nine-digit EMPL ID.
- Click the Add button to open the UA Security Request form for this person.
Note: If you use the wrong ID, this error message appears. Click OK and re-enter the UAConnect
Completing the Request
The Employee Name, BASIS Code and the email address fields are automatically populated.
The Origination Date, Time and Orig ID are also populated.
- Click the Request Type drop-down menu and select from the options, Additional Security
Request, New Request or Remove Security Request.
- Click the Employee Type drop-down menu and select Hourly.
- After selecting the Hourly employment type, an Hourly Employee Agreement box pops
up with instructions for the supervisor and employee.
- The Required Reading button opens a web page with links to the different documents the employee and supervisor
must read. Each person must click the appropriate confirmation check box before submitting
- Type in the employee’s Department, Job Title and Campus Phone in the appropriate fields.
If you are unsure what the Department code is, click the magnifying glass icon to
look up the value.
Note: After selecting the Hourly employment type, a blank field appears for the Supervisor’s University ID number. This field must be populated before the form can be submitted.
- Select one or more check boxes for the security requested from the different functional
areas: Admissions, Student Records, Student Financials and Financial Aid.
- Select the Career(s) from the options available, Undergraduate, Graduate, Law, Ag-Law,
International or None.
- Enter a description of the security needed in each Access Requested field. A field
appears for each functional area requested on this form.
- Click Save to complete the request process. The originator of the request will receive an email when the form is submitted.