VPN: Install GlobalProtect for Android
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search "GlobalProtect" from the search bar at the top of the screen.
Note: Ensure the author of the app is Palo Alto Networks.
- Select GlobalProtect and tap Install.
- Once installation is complete, open the app.
- Enter the portal address:
- Tap the Connect button at the bottom of the screen.
- A message will pop up saying "Cannot Verify Server Identity." Tap Continue.
- Enter your UARK username and password and tap Sign in.
- When prompted with the Connection request message, tap OK. Once connected, the app will display a green shield icon on a blue background.
- To disconnect from the VPN, tap the shield. When disconnected, the app will display a grey shield on a grey background.
- To change settings or sign out, tap the menu icon in the top left.
Note: You are not required to sign out in order to disconnect from the VPN.
Most campus users will automatically connect using the General Access gateway and do not need to change any settings.
If you are part of a team with special access, you will automatically be logged into the appropriate gateway. To switch between gateways:
- Tap the menu icon in the top right.
- Tap Settings and then tap Connection Status.
- Tap Gateway to select another gateway from the menu. You will be disconnected from the previous gateway.
If you do not have appropriate access to a selected gateway, the app will disconnect.
Having trouble? Create a ticket.