VPN: Install GlobalProtect for MacOS Big Sur
- Download the GlobalProtect Installer for macOS.
- Open the GlobalProtect.pkg file, and run the GlobalProtect Installer.
- On the Install GlobalProtect screen, confirm that the GlobalProtect checkbox is checked and click Continue. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Authenticate using your local admin password when prompted, and the GP client will launch automatically.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of GlobalProtect, the portal address
should be displayed, and the client has stored your login credentials.
For new GlobalProtect installs, the client will ask for a portal address. Enter:
- Click Connect.
- Enter your UARK username and password and click Sign In.
- After logging in successfully, if you are prompted to enable a blocked System Extension, click Open Security Preferences.
- Click the padlock icon and authenticate.
- Click the Allow button. Close System Preferences.
- Click “Allow” at the GlobalProtect filtering network content prompt.
Once connected, the globe icon in your status panel will switch to blue.
Most campus users will automatically connect using the General Access gateway and do not need to change any settings.
If you are part of a team with special access, you will automatically be logged into the appropriate gateway. To switch between gateways:
- Click the blue globe icon in the status panel.
- Select another gateway from the drop-down menu. You will be disconnected from the previous gateway.
If you do not have appropriate access to a selected gateway, the app will disconnect.
Having trouble? Create a ticket.