Canon Secure Print Setup (Pilot Users Only)
Heads up! Canon Secure Print is only available in a limited number of locations as part of an early pilot program for Campus Managed Print.
Register with the Printer
Before installing the printer driver, you must register your UARK login information at the printer.
- At the printer, swipe your University ID card or enter your UARK username and password and press Login.
- Select the Cost Center for your department or unit.
- Press Log out. If you do not log out, the printer will automatically log you out after 2 minutes.
- Open the Start menu and in the search box, enter:
- Press Enter or select Run command.
- Right-click the Canon_securePrint icon. Click Connect.
- The printer may take a few minutes to connect. The driver will download automatically.
When the driver installation is complete, the print queue will be displayed and you can start using the printer.
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click the Add (+) button. Click the Advanced tab.
Note: If you do not have an Advanced tab, right-click on the Default icon and select Customize Toolbar. Drag the Advanced icon into the toolbar above and click Done.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Windows printer via spools.
- In the Device Drop-down menu, leave Another Device selected.
- In the URL field, enter:
- In the Name field, enter Secure Print.
- Leave the Location field blank.
- From the Use drop-down menu, select Generic PostScript Printer.
- Click Add.
When printing, you will be prompted for your UARK username and password, or you can save your login information to the Keychain.
How to Print
Once you've completed the setup, set Canon Secure Print as your default printer. When you send a document to print, it will be held in your queue. To access your print queue, go to the printer and log in with your University ID card or login information. Press Secure Print to release or delete jobs.