VDI Lab Services
VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) workstations use centralized servers that provide a consistent desktop experience. IT Services now accepts requests from colleges and departments to replace local computer labs with VDI workstations.
If your college or department would like to convert an existing computer lab with
VDI desktops, please complete a request ticket.
IT Services will respond to schedule an initial interview with your team to discuss rates and implementation planning.
In addition to a more reliable and consistent user experience, VDI provides several benefits to local colleges and departments.
- Anyone who owns a UARK account can log in and take advantage of standard computer lab software.
- VDI computer labs are less expensive and take less time to manage.
- Upgrades, patches and other maintenance are managed by central IT, cutting down on departmental costs and support.
- Thin- and zero-client workstations are inexpensive, reduce energy use and last longer than traditional desktop computers.
- The IT Services virtualization teams are constantly working to improve VDI and making future plans for new VDI-related services.