Get Started with MATLAB
Create a MathWorks Account
Before installing MATLAB, create your MathWorks account and activate your license. When prompted, enter your UARK email address and select either “Student use” or “Teaching or research in school,” as appropriate.
When prompted to enter the Activation Key or License Number field, enter the University of Arkansas activation key (login required to view key).
Download and Activate MATLAB
- Dowload the MATLAB installer (MathWorks login required).
- Follow the instructions to activate the installation.
- If prompted, click Yes in the Windows User Access Control window.
Note: It might be necessary to enter your computer's administrator password.
Once the installation process is completed, you can open MATLAB from the Start menu (Windows) or the Applications folder (Mac).
Error: My Copy of MATLAB Is Not Activated
If you did not enter the MATLAB activation key when creating your MathWorks account, you can activate it now by doing the following:
- Log into mathworks.com/licensecenter with your MathWorks account information.
- Click Associate License in the top right.
- In the Activation Key or License Number field, enter the University of Arkansas activation key (login required to view key).
- Click Associate License.