Install Read&Write for Mac
- Click the installer download link. Click the Download button.
- Open the ReadWrite-mac.dmg file, and drag the Read&Write app to the Applications folder.
- Open the Read&Write app from the Applications folder, and click Open when asked if you want to open it.
- If asked to sign in, select Sign in with Microsoft, and log in with your @uark.edu email address and password. Click Accept.
- When installation is complete, the Read&Write toolbar and icon will appear on your screen, and the toolbar will float on top of other applications.
For more information, see the Read&Write for Mac help articles.
Additional Language Packs
Additional language packs are available to allow Read&Write to read other languages.
- Go to our Language Pack for Mac download site.
- Click the Download button to download .
- Double-click voices.pkg, and follow the prompts.
- To select a new language in Read&Write, go to Settings, Speech, Edit Voice Settings. Your Mac System Preferences will open to the Accessibility speech tab.
- Select Customize from the System Voice drop-down to view all voice/language options.
- Select a language, and click OK. It could take a minute or two to download the language. This language will now be available in the System Voice drop-down.