Event Rules and Regulations
We want to make sure that any event that takes place in the STC runs as smoothly as possible. In order to do that, we have a set of rules in place. Even during an event, all event participants are still expected to follow all other STC rules and regulations. When hosting an event, please make sure you adhere to the following rules:
- Prior to the event, please correspond with the STC staff to work out the details of the event to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible. This includes an estimated attendance count.
- The ‘Event Host,’ who filled out the form, must show up at least ten minutes prior to the start of the event with their University issued ID card to begin the checkout process.
- If the event does not begin 20 minutes after the scheduled time, the STC reserves the right to cancel the event.
- The Event Host must be present at all times during the event.
- If any equipment is damaged or lost, the event host accepts full responsibility.
- If minors are present, they must be monitored by a supervising adult at all times.
- The staff must be notified of any special requests prior to the event.
- After the event is ended, you must inform the STC staff that it is over and return all equipment to the front desk.
Details of the venue are as follows:
We currently have 24 Alienware gaming PCs available, and 6 console gaming stations. View our list of available video games. While we have games for our consoles, they occasionally must be updated due to the nature of the games, which may delay play time depending on the game. We have some free games on the Alienware stations, but we currently have no ‘guest’ accounts for other popular online games.
Max capacity for the entire facility is 164. The lounge has a max capacity 90, while the DML has 74. These capacities are to adhere to fire safety regulations and for the comfort of the event participants.