How to Change Your Authentication Method
Heads up! To avoid issues accessing your account, you must provide a current number for a phone you have with you at all times. Log into account.uark.edu to update your security info.
To change your authentication method:
- Go to account.uark.edu and log in with your @uark.edu email address and password. You might be required to verify your account with your
previously set up authentication method before you can access this site.
Note: To change your Workday authentication method, you must first log into Workday and then go to the Security Info page for the UA System. Skip to step 3.
- Click “Edit Security Info” on the right under Manage Account.
- Near the top of the page, click the Change link next to your Default sign-in method.
- Select your preferred method from the drop-down menu. Click Confirm.
If your preferred method is not listed:
- Click Back.
- Click +Add Method.
- Select a method from the drop-down menu and click Add.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the new method.
- For detailed instructions on setting up an authenticator app for your phone or hard
- Skip to Step 3 on the How to Register for Multi-Factor Authentication page, or
- Skip to Step 6 on the Hard Token Setup: YubiKey page.
Note: This option is not available for Workday.
- For more information about setting up authentication by text or phone call, see the Text (SMS) or Phone Call Authentication Setup page.