Example of an Email Scam
Have a look at this real world example of a phishing attempt.
At a glance, this might look like a legitimate email from a trusted business, but there are some things that should tip you off that this is a phishing attempt:
- The subject line says "important alert."
- "MAC" is in all caps, but "Mac" is the standard spelling.
- You are told you must fix an issue by clicking a link.
- The signature only provides a vague team name with no contact information.
- Mousing over the link shows that the address does not match what the link text says.
- The URL includes the words "password-changes" and "phishwall".