Microsoft 365 Groups
Create a New Group
- Log into outlook.office.com with your UARK email address and password.
- From the menu on the left, scroll down to Groups. Click New group.
- Follow the guidelines below for giving your group the appropriate Group name.
- Under Settings, select your preferred option from the Privacy drop-down menu:
- Public group content can be seen by everyone in the organization, and anyone with an @uark.edu email address can join.
- Private group content can only be seen by members, and group owners will need to approve any new members who want to join.
Note: For both public and private groups, non-UARK email accounts can be invited as guests by the owner.
Need to make a change? Switch your existing group from public to private.
Naming Your Group
When creating a new group, we recommend following a consistent naming convention to avoid confusion with groups outside of your department. Group names should be concise and more than eight characters long.
- For groups used to communicate with a school, department or business unit (BU), we
suggest starting the group name with the unit code, followed by a dash.
Example: GRAD-All School
- For groups not limited to a single school or department, use the group's role role
of the group as a way to start the name of the group.
Example: Research-Grant Opportunities
- For projects, committees or other temporary uses, use the descriptor and the title
of the group.
Example: Project-Retention Software
Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups.