To get started using the scanner:
- Stack scantrons facing the same direction. Tick marks should be in the front facing toward you with the notch in the top-right corner.
- Make sure the scanner (Insight 4ES) is turned on. The power button is on the back.
- Log into the computer using your UARK account.
- Open Box Drive and log in with your UARK account.
- Open the ReMark application from the desktop. From the toolbar, click Read and make sure the Enable Imaging option is selected. Enter a single page into the scanner and scan.
- From the desktop, double-click the batch file. You will be prompted to provide the
- Instructor's UARK username (lowercase only)
- Course and test information (no spaces allowed)
(Blackboard Course ID, section number, exam number) Example: BIOL-1543-002-Exam2-KeyA
- Form number (1 = Pearson 4521; 2 = Pearson 6703)
- Once the ReMark software loads, place a stack of scantrons on the feed tray and press OK. When the scanner feed tray is empty, you'll be given a choice to add more scantrons or end scanning.
- Once all exams are scanned, follow the steps for the Advanced Grade screen:
- Answer Key: Define/Import Test Answer Key.
- Import answer key from Data Set (Grid) Row, 1, and then click Import Key.
- Change settings for question properties and multiple key information as needed.
- Click Save. When asked for a filename, press Ctrl+V to paste the filename from the clipboard.
- Press Enter to save. Click the Grade button.
- Reports will start to generate. When prompted to select all users, press the Next (>>) icon and click Run Report.
- Close Excel and ReMark.
- If a test form is rejected, remove the form and select Continue Scanning.
- Make sure there are no stray marks and that the form is not bent or folded.
- Fix any issues if possible and feed the form through the scanner again.
- If there are issues with test results:
- Make sure the name, ID and any special codes on the form were completed correctly.
- Make sure the form is not blank.