Securing University Data
University employees have a legal responsibility to protect personal data for all students, faculty and staff. Unprotected data can lead to identity theft and put the university at risk.
- Use email encryption when sending and receiving sensitive data.
- Store grades in Blackboard Learn or UAConnect only.
- Protect your UARK account with safe password management.
- Never leave devices unattended unless locked by password and physically secured in locked cabinets, etc.
- Encrypt files on all external storage media, for example, hard drives, USB flash drives, etc.
- Follow the steps to report lost or stolen devices immediately.