Install SAS EG for Data Warehouse
Download and install SAS Enterprise Guide (EG) for accessing Data Warehouse.
Note: This application is available for Windows only. Mac users can access historical BASIS data using the SAS Web Application.
Step 1: Getting Started
Follow these steps before downloading and installing SAS EG:
- Install and set up the SAS driver for ODBC.
- If you are off campus, you must connect to the campus VPN to download SAS EG and complete the setup. VPN is also required whenever accessing Data Warehouse from off campus.
Heads up! Administrative access is required to install this software. For assistance, contact your department tech support.
Step 2: Download SAS EG
- Map a drive to gizmo using the address:
- Double-click the eg folder, and then double-click setup.exe.
- Click Yes to allow SDW Bootstrap in d4deploy to make changes to the device. If required to log in, use your full UARK email address and password.
- Click OK to Choose Language.
- Select Install SAS software, and click Next.
- Confirm that the boxes are checked for SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Integration Technologies Client, SAS Providers for OLE DB, and SAS/GRAPH ActiveX Control. Click Next.
- Select 64-bit Native Mode, and click Next.
- Confirm that the path and filename in the SAS installation data file field is:
Note: You might have to click in the SAS installation data file field and select this path from the dropdown.
- In the Select Language Support window, click Clear All, and click Next.
- When Checking System is complete, click Next.
- In Deployment Summary, click Start. When deployment is complete, click Next.
- In Additional Resources, click Finish.
Step 3: Configure Profile and Options
- Open SAS Enterprise Guide 8.3.
- Check for updates by clicking View Details on the blue "An Update is Available" bar at the top. Click Close and Install.
- Check the "Automatically restart SAS Enterprise Guide" box. Click Finish.
- When SAS EG reopens, click “No profile selected.”
Note: If it shows "DW Data" instead of "No profile selected," skip to step 5 if "DW Data" is in the upper right corner instead of No profile selected).
- Click Add. Enter a Name and Description.
- Under Server, select Remote. In the Machine field, enter:
- Check the box to "Save login in profile."
- Enter your UARK username and password.
- Click Save and Connect.
- In the Connections window, click Set Active.
Note: If this button is grayed out, skip this step.
- Click Close.
- In SAS Enterprise Guide, click Tools and select Options.
- Click Query and uncheck the boxes for “Validate query whenever changes are made” and “Attempt to join tables in query.” Click OK.