Exchange Resource Calendars
Exchange resource calendars can be invited to meetings and have attributes that allow them to auto-accept meetings for objects such as rooms, projectors and other items as "attendees" of meetings. They are also listed in the Global Address List the same way users are displayed.
Requesting an Exchange Resource
To request a resource account, please create a ticket. When you request a resource account, you must specify whether the resource is a location or equipment.
- The naming convention for the Location Resource Accounts is:
Department Code:Room Name:Building:Room Number
- The naming convention for the Equipment Resource Accounts is:
Department Code:Equipment Name
Managing Exchange Resources
Resources are managed and controlled by the individuals who are members of a department's Resource Coordinators group. Typically, resources are set up to handle meeting requests on a first come, first served basis. Exchange resources are flexible, however, and can be configured and restricted to meet the needs of individual departments.
To write events directly to a Resource Calendar, the user must be a member of the Resource Coordinators group for the department.
- Log into outlook.office.com with your UARK email address and password.
- Click your profile picture in the top right and select Open another mailbox.
- Start typing the display name of the resource. Resource names begin with the four-letter code of the department that owns them. The first five results will be displayed. Click Search Directory to view a full list.
- Select the resource and click Open.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the upper right and select Calendar. From the menu on the left, select Resource scheduling.
- Change settings appropriate for your resource. Click Save.